Saturday, April 18, 2009

Little Bit a This, Little Bit a That

This is the first posting on my new blog. I thought I would start out by explaining the name: Little Bit. While trying to think of some clever name, perhaps one of my nicknames, I was thinking about what this blog was going to contain. I was thinking a little bit a my life, a little bit a my views on politics, a little bit a the Good News, and a little bit a whatever else tickles my fancy. (For those of you who are grammar OCD, yes I am aware that the "a" should be "of" but I liked it better this way so I took a little be of writer's liberty.)

My life...well...I'm about to GRADUATE!!! I'm extremely excited and cannot wait!! My last day is May 6th and I graduate May 14th. I am going to college at UT Martin. (Martin is a little tiny town in west Tennessee) (The colors of my blog were chosen because they are the colors of UTM) I'm not 100 percent sure what I am going to major in, but it will most likely be math or science related.

My views...I've noticed, and experienced, that many people these days are stressed and worried. High anxiety has invaded nearly every household. If there not anxious about how the economy is affecting them, they are anxious about an illness or a relative or any number of things. It's really easy to give advice, and a whole other thing to follow it. I can say, "Just trust God" all day long, but there are times when I don't hear listen to what I say. Trusting is easier when life is good, than when you are going through something difficult. However, this is the time that tests your faith. This is when it counts. This is why we are so lucky to have a relationship with God. He's got it all figured out so that don't have to. To sum this up: Let go and let God.

More of my views (different topic)...Many of you have heard of or experienced the tornados that hit Murfreesboro on Good Friday. There are two stories I would like to share, but first, some stats. 2 people were killed a 30 year old girl and her 9 week old baby. 41 people were injured and about 250 people lost their homes. The Red Cross chose to set up at New Vision Baptist Church, and were going to let anyone who needed a place to stay, to stay there. Only 4 people showed up. Some say this is because communication was down, but where did the others go? They were taken in by neighbors and loved ones. This just goes to show that there is still goodness in people. The other story is what happened to a friend of mine. Carrie was driving home from Murfreesboro with her mother right before the tornado hit. They were going to go on 24 but becuase it looked so bad they chose an alternate route. On Thompson Lane, they were going to go to Red Robin to use the restroom, but instead chose to go to the BP. This is when they saw the tornado touch down about 50 feet away. They ran inside the building as fast as they could and were hiding in the bathroom. Carrie was praying that they would live the whole time. The BP was left untouched, while every other building around there was either destroyed, or severly damaged. I still can't get over how cool that it. We drove to Mboro today for my brother's birthday party, and I saw the damage on Thompson Lane for myself. It is simply incredible.

Well I think that's all for today. Please feel free to leave comments!

2 comments:

  1. hey you, i really enjoyed reading that.
    :D
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first post (of many, hopefully!) and I loved it. It has a nice, positive feel to it. And I always love to hear more about your life, thoughts, encounters, etc.

    ReplyDelete