Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scholarships and College and Some Other Stuff

Scholarships are extremely frustrating!!!! I hate not knowing. You apply in February and don't find out if you got it until July! I also hate failing. I'll turn in an application or essay that I think is absolutely brilliant and then not get the scholarship. Tis quite frustrating. It's also frustrating that the amount of household income for federal assistance is so low. I wish it were higher. I mean really if you still have two siblings at home and all that, do they really expect you to be able to pay for college as well? If they do, they are sorely mistaken. Anywho...it's probably ironic that I am writing complaining about it, instead of writing scholarship essays...but really...to what avail. Anywho...

On a different note...I am SO excited for college. Allison went to SOAR this past weekend (it is for freshman and their parents to get aquainted with UTM and register for classes and all that jazz.) (I will go at the beginning of June) We now know our dorm!!! We will be in Ellington Hall room 325!!!! I'm SOOO excited!! Yes this does mean that we will have to go up and down THREE flights of stairs everytime we want to go some where, but that also means we have a built in stair master! I'm pretty sure I've decided on my classes: Honors Calculus, University Physics, Philosophy, Spanish, and General Studies. Since I'll be in the Honors program there is an honors class I will have to take as well. I'm SO excited!! I believe move in day is August 27 and we start classes August 31. Have I mentioned that I'M SO EXCITED!!!!?

Lets see here...I have 8 school days left!!! I can't wait for everyone to get out here for graduation. We are going to have a blast!

I have decided that I need/want more adventures in my life. Adventures like hiking and 4 wheeling, and riding horses again and such things as this. Fortunately there are lakes near UTM, so perhaps I'll find some adventures there.

Well that's about all for today!

1 comment:

  1. yay!
    i love hiking!!!
    so much fun.

    good choices on classes.
    :D

    keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete