Friday, May 15, 2009

Catching Up

When I sat down to write this blog, I was going to attempt to describe every detail of my life that I have yet to write about, but some of it just doesn't matter, so I chose to spare you.



GRADUATION!!!


Let's see...we will start with the day of. I had to pack and get ready because I was going to be staying the next few nights with all of my family from CO. So I started getting ready early...too early. I was completely ready and packed about two hours before I needed to be, and since I am not a patient person, this was very difficult for me. Well, we pick up Allison and are on our way, however we failed to account for the massive amount of traffic. I was worried for a while that we were going to be late, because they told us to be there at 5:45, which, to me didn't make much sense, since the ceremony didn't start til 7. We get there, put on our caps and gowns and then wait, and wait, and wait, and wait...and wait some more. It was miserable. SO hot!!! I was the third person to walk across the stage, so then I had to wait on the other 427. About half way through I really wanted to shlump forward and not sit up any more, but NO ONE else was shlumped over, so that would have looked really bad. Once the ceremony was finally over I tried to find my family, but there is no way to get up from the floor where the graduates are to up where the parents are without going outside, so I climbed up. Yes, climbed, in a dress, heels and everything! (I'm just that hard core!! ;)) Any who...then the pictures started...and they didn't stop until Sunday!!! That is 4 tedious days of picture taking!!! My cheeks were plumb worn out by the end. I had a great time while all of my family was here. We went to the Parthenon, Rotiers (nom nom nom), a barbecue at my grandparents house...which turned into a concert, my party, and a fish fry. While we were all at my party (which was at Legends Steakhouse), I got to see most of my family all in the same room. It was surreal! I loved it so much!! Thank you to all of you that traveled all this way to see me! It was amazing!


So now it is June 11th, nearly one month since graduation.

Right after everyone left, I went to Washington DC. It was really neat, and surreal (yes I do like that word. I've yet to find another one that describes my feeling so perfectly.). I mean you hear about DC all the time. It's in movies, in the news, but actually being there and seeing all the buildings I've seen on the big, and small screen was dream-like. Although, it may have been dream-like because I was SO tired and practically asleep on my feet. The group we went with was a Catholic school group. I attended mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of Immaculate Conception. I'd been to a Catholic funeral and wedding, but never just a mass. It was very interesting. Conversations I had with the priest gave me lots to think about...as if I don't do enough of that already.

After DC I wasn't home for another several days. I was socializing A LOT. Then it was my birthday. Allison spent the night (we stayed up til almost one), and we got up to go get my license at 5:30 AM. She must love me a lot... any who. We went and got breakfast at McDonald's and had Dr. Pepper that was more like crazy carbonated soda water, with not very much Dr.Pepper flavoring. We get there at about 6:45 and the place is suppose to open at 7. There were some people ahead of us, but it wasn't too bad. I got the number A002. This makes me think we will be out of there in no time and that I will be the second person to go. FALSE. There are also Cs and Gs and other letters that happen to go before A. How this works I'm not quite sure. Any ways, it still didn't take long...and it really didn't feel long because Allie and I laughed the whole time. We were most definitely the happiest people there. :D Well we get out of there at about 8 am. What is there to do at 8 am? I can tell you: NOTHING. So we went to Starbucks, where I was tragically disappointed in my coffee...or lack there of...it was all milk and sugary syrup and not enough coffee. Then we thought we'd go to the mall. We figured it probably opened at 9. We got there a few minutes before 9 and were sitting on a bench when one of the mall walkers asks us if we are waiting for the mall to open. Then she informs us that Book-a-Million opens at 9 and all the other stores don't open 'til 10. So we sat there for a bit trying to decide where to go from there. We decided to go to Target, the TJ Maxx, and then back to Smyrna. We went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch and ended up spending about 2 hours there. Haden came and visited with us for a while. Then we met Dana at the Target (and Ross) in Smyrna (we waited in the patio furniture section) where we got a bunch of dorm stuff. Then Allie and I came home and took a nap. Then she left, I watched a movie, ate dinner and Papaw came over for cake and ice cream. Happy Birthday to me!! :)

Since then I've read a book, laid in the sun, organized my room and bathroom like you wouldn't believe, checked up on some college stuff, applied for a job at McDonald's :/...such things as this.

Well that's all for now, but I plan on getting back into the habit.


2 comments:

  1. So good to get caught up on you and to hear all the little details that don't always make it into a conversation. You have a lot going on. Good luck with the job search and college stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!
    i love how you use nom nom nom. :D
    it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete