Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Life

So, the last couple of posts have had some deep meaning or have been thought provoking, I decided it was time for a 'me' update!!

My last day of high school was yesterday, and it was only a half day...which is a funny story...lets start at the beginning.

Sunday: My grandpa decides to take my family out to lunch after church. We go to the Golden Wok, which is a Chinese buffet (all you can eat I might add. I had 2 full plates of food and 2 dessert plates...) I tried raw oysters on the half shell for the first time, but I ate it wrong. Instead of just letting the whole thing slide down, I tried to bite and chew. I would not recommend this for anyone who would like to keep their lunch. (I did keep mine, but it was a little difficult.) I also tried sushi. I've had California rolls before, but never true sushi. It was pretty ok. Not my new favorite food, but I would probably eat it again. Anyways, the story begins at the end of the meal when I got my fortune cookie. It said you will receive an unexpected gift next Tuesday.

Monday: I took the US Government and Politics AP exam during periods 1-3. The multiple choice was easier than I thought it was going to be and the free response questions were more difficult than I thought they were going to be. I ended up leaving early out of fifth period, and was told that my sixth period already knew about it.

Tuesday: I get called to the office first thing in the morning. I found out that I had won a set of tires out of a drawing of students with perfect attendance. I thought this was extremely ironic, seen as how I don't own a car. I was told that I had to be at the Central Office at 1:00 on Wednesday to get my picture taken and receive my certificate. I also got, in the mail, a laptop that my Grandpa Jones bought me for a graduation present! (thanks again! I love it!) We also received our caps and gowns for graduation. I realized later that night that my fortune cookie came true!! (My siblings are not happy that theirs haven't come true yet...)

Wednesday: Dana took me to the Central Office so I could get my picture taken with the Bridgestone representatives. There were students from other schools there as well. I found it extremely ironic that it was a special thing for perfect attendance and people from two of the schools didn't show up. Anyways, after that we did a little shopping for my graduation party and picked up the kids.

Today: I've been trying to get all of my papers organized. They were beginning to take over my room, but I think I've contained them now. It was a daunting task, that's for darn sure. Now I'm going to eat.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a whirlwind of a week! I don't think I've ever had a fortune cookie come SO true. Wow, just imagine if it had said you were going to win the lottery on Friday. Thanks for the update. Happy First-Day-of-No-More-School Day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete