Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shall We Gather at the River?

Water has played a vital role this weekend.

Yesterday I went to my aunt's pool for several hours. I got Sam to swim in the deep end and Sydney started to learn how to dive. It felt SO good to get back in the water. I only wrenched my shoulder once. :) However, I also managed to get burned. It's not a bad burn, but it is very uneven and is going to be very hard to even out.

Today, after church we went to the river for a baptism. It was my ex-step-great uncle that got baptized (I think). It was very neat. I'd never been to a baptism at a river before. There were two parts that were unpleasant. One, it was crazy humid. Two, the mosquitoes ate me alive. Like, I'm not sure I'm not going to need a blood transfusion after them eating so much!!

This is a short one. Hope all is well with everyone!

1 comment:

  1. just a word about mosquitos.
    i went for this hike one time to this great high mountain lake. while we were there i was bitten over one hundred times on my back alone.
    yes, it was terrible, but there was an upside to this situation:
    i don't know whether or not i actually became immune to mosquito bites, or just built up a mental tollerance, but everytime i got a mosquito bite for the rest of the summer, it didn't itch. it was pretty neat.

    or, you can just do like forrest, and get bitten by a rattle snake. then mosquitos just won't bite you at all. :P

    ReplyDelete