Monday, June 22, 2009

Spiritual Warfare

I've told this story already probably to everyone that actually reads this, but I wanted to share it anyways.

So I not too long ago I was not in the place I wanted to be spiritually. I had been better in the past and wanted to get back, if not better than how I was. So one night I just made up my mind. I started journaling, reading my Bible and praying. On the third day of doing this I felt really depressed and confused and indecisive. I talked to Allison who said, "Well didn't you just start going after God again? Don't you think it's the devil attacking you?" This made a lot of sense to me, so that night I prayed over and over again, "I'm Yours God! I'm Yours! You won!" I could literally feel the depression lifted from my heart, the grip that the devil had on it fall away. It was the most amazing feeling!! What was really neat was that the feeling that replaced the depression, the indescribable happiness, didn't go away. I think it's here to stay! (Tee hee I rhymed)

I love God and just wanted to sing His praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment